Converting wastewater into a resource with cutting edge technology
Having expertise and experience in designing, building and operating wastewater treatment plants across the globe, SUEZ has been able to create solutions that meet the specific needs of its customers. The company’s diverse patented technologies and products further enable a plant to respond to local challenges with the aim of conserving water resources and protecting biodiversity.
The Cubbon Park wastewater treatment plant is India's first municipal wastewater treatment/ recycling plant utilising Membrane Bio Reactor technology. This advanced technology uses ultrafiltration membranes having pore size of 0.035 Microns, capable of removing bacteria and virus. It is a perfect example of Recycle & Reuse contributing to the maintenance of greenery of Cubbon Park and Vidhan Soudha (state legislature of Karnataka), water for construction purposes, and for sewer line maintenance (use in jetting machines)
|Project Execution Duration
||June 2004 -August 2005
||October 2005 – Till Date
|Total Plant Area
- India's first domestic waste water treatment recycling plant with Membrane Bio Reactor technology (1.5 MLD Capacity) – now upgraded to 4.0 MLD
- Standing example of Recycle & Reuse contributing to the maintenance of greenery of Cubbon Park and Vidhan Soudha for the last one decade.
- Advanced technology using ultrafiltration membranes
- Extremely compact footprint. Blends into the environment nicely.
- Excellent treated water quality. Highly safe in microbiological quality.
- Environment friendly and perfectly blends into the serene surroundings of Cubbon Park.
- Sludge used as manure.
- Higher MLSS concentrations of 8 to 12 g/L (normally 3 to 4 g/L) – enabling higher treatment efficiencies
- Fully Automated Plant - operation, monitoring and controlling through SCADA.