SUEZ Foundation - India
The vision of the Foundation is to work towards sustainable development, and over all, well-being of the society by enriching the lives of the socio-economically weaker and under-privileged sections. The objective is to ensure a balanced and sustainable development of regions, by working with stakeholders, that is crucial to their development and vitality.
The mission of the Foundation is to work towards sustainable development, and over all, well-being of the society by enriching the lives of the socio-economically weaker and under-privileged sections. The objective is to ensure a balanced and sustainable development of regions, by working with stakeholders, that is crucial to their development and vitality.
- Supplementing education
- Uplifting the underprivileged
- Promoting women empowerment
- Protecting environment
- Operating as SUEZ’s CSR Vehicle in India
- Rebuilding through humanitarian support
- Transforming WASH
In India, we are focusing on achieving the holistic development of our children by initiating programs with the objective to:
- Support long-term educational promotion projects, in partnership with schools and civil society organizations, with focus on quality education and holistic development of the students., with an emphasis on quality education and comprehensive development of the students.
- Support higher education/professional courses for deserving and talented students, belonging to economically weaker and underprivileged sections of the society.
- Assisting schools/institutions, that are educating differently-abled children.
- Encourage SUEZ employee volunteering programs at schools.
In one such initiative, we joined hands with Senior Secondary School, Wazirabad, Gurugram, in 2017, to build upon four crucially connected dimensions- social, academic, infrastructural and organizational, to ensure our efforts, and contribute to holistic development of the students, while providing sustainability and capability building. In 2018, on the auspicious occasion of Diwali, SUEZ invited underprivileged children through SMILE Foundation to spend their day in the corporate office with our employees. The children and employees participated in fun activities together. SUEZ also pledged its support for sponsoring the education of these children for a year.
Promoting Women Empowerment
Women empowerment has been one of the main pillars of our CSR initiatives, and we intend to do that by ensuring accessibility and equal opportunities for women to quality education and skill development. To bridge the gender gaps in education and workforce participation, it has been our objective to initiate and ensure:
- Merit cum means scholarship for girls for higher education
- Vocational/skill development programs
- Infrastructural support for women ITIs and vocational training institutes
- Career counseling and job placements
Being a global environmental services company, promoting the protection and conservation of natural resources are our responsibilities. We want to support watershed management, rainwater harvesting, soil conservation, and sustainable agriculture initiatives. We have been supporting efforts that make communities greener, cleaner and environment-friendly. Towards this purpose, we continuously work with the communities to sensitize and train them. SUEZ Foundation - India organized various competitions at the school level, such as painting competitions in New Delhi, and Kolkata, etc. We also want to promote plantation, waste management, and support new and renewable energy projects.
Rebuilding through Humanitarian Support
Providing humanitarian assistance and support to disaster victims has been one of the focus areas of SUEZ Foundation - India. In 2018, when devastating floods struck almost all the districts of state of Kerala, causing major catastrophe, SUEZ Foundation - India provided support in the following areas:
- Study materials kits to 1000 school children
- Cleaning kits to 1000 families
- Medical camps conducted in the affected areas covering a population of around 2000 people The Foundation would continue to respond to humanitarian crisis including natural and man-made disasters and support activities that save lives, reduce sufferings and render respect to human dignity.
The Foundation intends to support the Government of India’s initiatives in cleanliness and increase awareness on water, sanitation, health and hygiene, both among the urban and rural masses, with a particular focus on school children and urban slums. We also want to initiate programs, that support access to drinking water and sanitation facilities, both in urban or rural areas.
We also want to encourage SUEZ employee volunteering programs that focus on:
- Water sanitation, health, and hygiene in schools
- Supporting Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Promoting hygiene and sanitation through rallies, cultural events
- Observation of important days